The Macon Terminal Station, constructed in 1916, is the crown jewel of downtown Macon, Georgia. In the heyday of passenger rail during 1920-1930, the Terminal Station handled more than a hundred arrivals a day. After the end of passenger rail in 1971, the Terminal remained almost abandoned until it was bought by the City of Macon in 1978.

Today the Terminal Station is the home of the Macon Transit Authority, City of Macon IT Department, Macon Police Department’s Youth & Intervention unit, Economic and Community Development Department, Macon-Bibb Office of Workforce Development, and the U S Census Bureau for the 2010 Census.

Street View